- What information do we collect about you?
- How will we use the information we collect?
- Access to your information and correction
- How to contact us
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you register with us. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete surveys, provide feedback and participate in product loyalty schemes and competitions.
How will we use the information we collect?
We collect information about you:-
- In order to fulfil the contract of care we enter into with you for your pet/s health and wellbeing;
- To comply with legal regulations regarding prescription medication and animal identification.
- For our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless there is a good reason to protect an individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
- Also, if you agree, in order to contact you about your pet’s vaccination and/or health checks when due, your pet’s parasite treatment when due, up-to-date health issues, events, and promotions we think may be of interest to you.
We use your information:-
- To fulfil our contract of care – this involves; prescribing medication; processing laboratory samples; processing your orders; managing your account; sending appointment reminders.
- To comply with legal regulations when prescribing medications. It may also be necessary for us to use your information in matters relating to animal identification (usually information held in connection with your pet’s microchip).
- For our legitimate interest in the prevention of fraudand the collection of monies owed.
- We also use your information to personalise and guide the information we send to you.
The operation of our computer practice management system is done by a company called RX Works
If you agree, we shall pass on your personal information to a company called Virtual Recall. This is a company which provides an automated communication and reminder service and we have engaged them to efficiently send appointment reminders, vaccination reminders and parasite treatment reminders by post, text, ATM, or email.
With your consent we shall pass on your personal information to a data processing company for the management of our Healthy Pet Club care plan for the preventative health treatments for your pet.
To register your pet’s microchip identification we will ask permission to pass on your personal details to a company called Pet Trac.
We may also send your personal information to third parties for the recompense of monies owed to us – we will inform you of this before proceeding.
We would like to send you reminders of when your pet’s routine vaccinations and parasite treatments are due. We would also like to send you information about services, up-to-date health issues, events and promotions offered by us and which we believe may be of interest to you. This information can be send by post, text or email. To send this information efficiently we will provide relevant details to a company called Virtual Recall who deliver a automated communication and reminder service.
If you consent to receive marketing you may opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your information to third parties.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes please contact us either in person, by telephone, by post or by email.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information please contact us either in person, by telephone, by post or by email.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is accurate.
We will keep your personal information throughout the period you have your pet/s registered with us. If you no longer have a pet registered with us we will keep your personal information for 7 years. After this time your personal information will be deleted from our system and any paper information records destroyed.
If you think there is a problem with the way your personal data is being handled you have the right to complain to the Independent Commissions Office (ICO).
How to contact us
Write to us at: Elston Veterinary Clinic, Elston, Shrewton, Salisbury, Wiltshire. SP3 4HL
Telephone on: 01980 621999
Or come in and speak to us in person.