CORONAVIRUS UPDATE FROM ELSTON VETS
To all our wonderful clients
We hope you are all enjoying the (mostly) brighter days. We certainly are pleased to have the winter behind us.
We continue to look at safe ways of providing care for your pets as we move into a new era of dealing with COVID. We have appreciated your patience and cooperation in following our advice and guidelines to keep everyone safe over this long and challenging time. We have been very touched by the kindness and support many of you have shown us.
Although we are seeing some lifting of restrictions in our lives, we still need to work in a manner that protects our team, and yourselves, while providing the best service to you. Taking into consideration the constantly changing level of virus and the still incompletely unvaccinated status of much of our team, we are continuing to operate under the same precautions as we have been previously.
We acknowledge that this remains very different to what you were used to pre-COVID, however the whole world we live in has changed. The challenges we all face remain serious, and restrictions are still required at Elston Vets to keep you and our team safe. We have a small team, and do not have replacements for any of us if forced to self-isolate.
- Please do not come to the practice if you are feeling ill, or if you or anyone in your household is self-isolating.
- When you arrive at the practice for an appointment, please stay in your car and let us know that you have arrived via Petsapp or your phone.
- We will collect your pet from you in a socially distanced manner while wearing full PPE. Please respect the distance, wear a mask, and bring your (charged) phone with you.
- Payment is still required at the time of treatment, preferably via Petsapp or over the phone.
- Our phone lines have been extraordinarily busy, and we ask you to use Petsapp as much as possible for enquiries, and ordering medication and pet food.
- Please allow 3 DAYS when requesting repeat prescriptions.
- Don’t forget that all our Healthy Pet Club members are entitled to FREE DELIVERY of their pets’ deworming and flea control treatments!
- Please be aware that scheduling of vaccines may be delayed, due to an extraordinarily increased workload and demand for care for ill pets.
- Video consultations are available and should be used to triage pets where possible, and if you are isolating or shielding. If your pet needs to be seen in person following a video consult, you will not be charged a further fee.
Thank you for your continuing support of our safety guidelines. We are grateful for your understanding, please take care and stay safe.
With best wishes,
Enid and the Team at Elston Vets